RTI International Jobs Chief of Party: RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Combining scientific rigor and technical proficiency, we deliver innovative methods, reliable data, thorough analysis, and novel technologies for sustainable programs that help inform public policy and ground practice in evidence.
RTI seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID energy project in Pakistan. The goal of the USAID Pakistan Power System Improvement Activity is to support the conditions for sustained economic growth in Pakistan through a financially viable, reliable, and affordable power system. This will be a senior-level leadership position, and candidates must have a proven track record of leadership and the ability to navigate complex political and operating environments.
- Manage overall activity delivery and management including technical, administrative, financial, and operational tasks.
- Provide overall vision and leadership to implement tasks effectively across a diverse team of experts and specialists.
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders to warrant coordination and leverage resources.
- Liaise with USAID and RTI home office on technical and financial matters to ensure efficient and effective implementation of and reporting on programming.
- Oversees preparation and delivery of high-quality reports to USAID, including quarterly and annual reports, and other reports required by the contract.
- Ensure synergies across technical components of the activities through planning, coordination, deployment of resources, and intra-team communication.
- Master’s degree and 10 years of progressively responsible experience and expertise to successfully achieve meaningful and sustainable results in competitive power systems and electricity transmission and distribution.
- Extensive and substantive experience working with counterparts at various levels of government, as well as with non-government and regional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Technical expertise and experience in the energy sector of Pakistan preferred
- Significant experience in management of complex projects and teams of technical experts
- Strong writing and communications skills in English. Urdu language skills preferred.
- Ability to develop, articulate, and implement a strategic vision for the project.
- Chief of Party experience in South Asia with similar size and scope preferred.
- Experience leading a donor-funded project preferred. Apply